Sunday, January 30, 2011

finding that balance

This blog is to be of my choice, and originally my choice would have been to have completed this on time, however I spaced it out and didn't obviously, and so now I am going to write about finding balance while juggling the many different angles of life. 

My plate has always been pretty full for as far back as I can recall.  I always had a full schedule of school, clubs, sports and then work once I turned 15.  It is only on a more complicated scale now that I find myself trying to balance my life out. 

The hardest part about it for me is remembering to leave time for myself when all is said and done.  I end up working seventy hours a week to pay to go to school full time and commute at that, I babysit my nephews for a day on a mostly weekly basis (which I love), and then I fill in the extra time often found in small chunks at weird times of day with homework, family time and sleep (in the correctly descending order).  Needless to say my guitar has felt very neglected these days and I have run myself almost to edges of exhaustion, barely teetering in and out of balance.

So I try to slow myself down to counteract the inbalance.  I take a day off to catch up on sleep but I generally will overcompensate by picking more shifts up, sometimes out of guilt.   I remember to turn the radio off or to something completely soothing.  I play some of my old songs when I get stuck on some writing or algebra.  I take the longer more scenic route home on the back roads over the new bridge.  I light candles and take longer showers just because it feels good.

I've found that life is a cycle of feeling balance and unbalance by many different things, and the key is to keep adapting and finding new ways to balance things out.  Whether it be a coping mechanism, means of meditation, stress relief, or organizational time management tools (among lots of other options) there really are alot of pursuable avenues to help get the balance under control.

I think next semester, I am going to try yoga.  Also, as part of finding my balance I wrote down every week when to work on my blog so that next time I can blog with my original intent :)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is necessary to structure our time to balance. That is a total oxymoron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha funny, sounds like life goes by pretty fast for you. I so want to start doing yoga... :)

    ReplyDelete