Thursday, March 24, 2011

premature lake time

I was babysitting my nephews the other day and right around lunch time they always like to stand on the chairs by the windows in the kitchen and look outside.  With all the snow melting lately we have accumulated a lake in our ditch and gardens.  My nephews are 2 and 4 and wanted nothing besides the opportunity to go swimming.  They just couldn't understand that the water was too cold.  The snow surrounding the water was no indication for them, their little eyes were deceived by the shining sun on the glistening water.  The last ditch effort by my oldest nephew was to use his sled as a boat, he figured he could pack the tiny holes in the sled with snow, and paddle with his hands all around the "lake". It is moments like this that open my eyes to the simple yearnings of a little kid who just doesn't understand :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha my dogs are the same way, bound through the snow to jump in the freezing river. :P

    ReplyDelete