Sunday, March 6, 2011

all kinds of feet

I am a delivery driver for Domino's and I experience many kinds of feet.  The subject matter of this blog was to be itchy feet . . .that is how it all started.  After I got off work from my overnight I drove back home and changed into my uniform and back into town for a day's shift of bringing people their guilty pleasure.  we received a fresh pallet of snow overnight and so I decided it was time again to break out the boots, which are brand new this winter.  The problem with these boots is they suck.  Right where behind my ankle is the height where the plastic supposedly waterproof bottom of the boot ends, and the fake leather hide begins (some fur at the top; and I never would have had boots with the fur if there would have been any other boots that fit left at fleet during the first snow storm this year). My boots had been drying next to the heater in the mud-room near the back door of the house for some time, they get pretty wet trying to keep up with my work schedule.  I put them on and they were overly dried to the point where they were hard and a little crackly.  The lining was very itchy, the material had been weathered by too much time on my feet running around.  This itchiness in the lining lasted for the first hour of work.

People are really great about ordering pizza and neglecting to shovel a pathway which provides plenty of snow for me to trudge through to subsequently be stiffed for my smiling service.  So at the beginning of my shift my feet  hurt, the cheap insoles from Walmart felt good for the first week I had the in, now they are squished and a little out of place permanently from excessive wear.  This leads primarily to uncomfortable circumstances, and the lack of shoveling and presence of fresh snow slowly getting sloppy sets up the perfect environment for a day of soaked socks and boots in which I can galosh in all day long.  The worst though is when they get too wet and start splashing with the sloshing sound, just a little inside the boot.

Needless to say I was very happy to get off work and come home to write this blog, after taking a long shower.  Off to my overnight and then my spring break officially starts with the arrival of my bandmate Jess tomorrow early afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment