Saturday, April 16, 2011

From lunch

"NOoooo!" he screamed, kneeling across the table reaching for his cup.  "I want it . . ."
"You can have some more when you eat some chicken nuggets buddy, mmmmmm ketchup, see?" I encouraged as Austin pouted and put his head on the table; two and a half is a tough age to be.
"I need it Aunty," he said with a pushed out lower lip.  I reached for his chicken nuggets to take a bite and he reached over and grabbed my hand and started to giggle as he leaned in and stole the chicken from my fork.
"Mine," he said through a food filled smile, his snaggle tooth protruding from the chicken breading.
"Eat some green beans too, they make you strong like grampa," I said as I took a big bite of gren beans.
"NOooooo, like Daddy!" he yelled as he stirred them on his plate.
"Ok, like daddy." I agreed.
"Like Aunty," he said almost instinctively.  He is very smart to be messing with me like that.  Good thing reverse psychology always works.
"I need this green bean," I said as I poked one from the edge of his plate inciting his fury about the possession of his green beans.
"NOoooo, mine!!" comes out barely audible through a mouth full of green beans.  He should comment before he shoves his mouth.  He is like a little gopher stuffing his cheeks, almost as if he liked to let it marinate in his mouth for a certain amount of time before swallowing, like a test before the intestines.
"Who made it snow outside last night and took summer away?" I asked his curiously.
"Mommy did." he says in a grumpy tone.
All I could do was giggle and give him a drink of his strawberry milk.  At least I am the strong one and mommy makes it snow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment